Brand guidelines related to logo use for print and web also apply to the broadcast medium. University Marketing has developed UW-branded full screen templates for use by our campus partners. It is especially important that you do not crop, compress, or alter the graphics in any way before saving; doing so will distort the graphic when you import it into your editing software.
All video produced for UW communication and educational purposes should include the following:
- One of the branded video elements
- Copyright information (© 2020 Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System)
- A production credit (eg: Produced by University Communications)
- Closed captioning
All video and audio produced by UW–Madison should be closed captioned. Read DoIt’s guide to making videos accessible, which includes information on service providers holding contracts with the university for captioning and transcription.
Wisconsin Public Television (WPT) can provide captioning services, depending upon available staffing and work schedules; contact WPT’s Laurie Gorman for more information at 608-263-4106.
Other transcription resources:
- Media Accessibility for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students (McBurney Disability Resource Center)
- Media Transcription and Captioning: Service Description and Support Resources
- Described and Captioned Media Program Captioning Key
If you are unable to provide closed captioning, you must provide other alternative access to communication, such as a transcript. Please refer to the UW–Madison web accessibility policy.
For more information on video requirements, contact Peter Kleppin.