The Board of Regents voted to make Wisconsin Public Radio, Wisconsin Public Television, UW Cooperative Extension and UW-Extension Conference Centers part of UW-Madison effective July 1, 2018. Returning these institutions to our campus presents tremendous opportunities to strengthen existing partnerships and develop new collaborations to address important issues facing our communities.
Cooperative Extension’s headquarters was on our campus for many years and was an important part of UW-Madison’s commitment to the state of Wisconsin. Public broadcasting was founded on the UW-Madison campus and was a key way we connected to communities across our state.
These renewed partnerships will strengthen our ability to serve communities in every county in Wisconsin.
UW-Madison Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Sarah Mangelsdorf assembled a steering committee with members to oversee the transition of UW Extension and UW-Extension Conference Centers to UW-Madison. This website will provide updates on their work and the status of the transition.
The project status as of February 26, 2019 can be seen on this chart (PDF).
Former UW Extension programs are formally units within UW-Madison as of July 1. The Division of Extension is the UW-Madison home for the former Cooperative Extension, Wisconsin Public Media is the new UW-Madison home for …
At their June 7 meeting, the UW System Board of Regents approved two items related to UW Cooperative Extension: the transfer of tenured UW-Extension faculty to UW- Madison Cooperative Extension; and, the transfer of UW …
The transition continues to meet milestones as we approach the July 1 target date. E-mail migration for a total of 865 accounts has been completed, as was transition to VOIP and Office 365. Desktop migration …
- More Extension Announcements posts
For questions regarding the transition, please email email@example.com
- Casey Nagy (Chair), firstname.lastname@example.org – Consultant, UW-Madison Provost’s Office
- Heidi Zoerb (Dep Chair), email@example.com – Assoc. Dean for External Relations and Advancement, UW-Madison CALS
- Karl Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org – Dean and Director, Cooperative Extension and UW-Extension
- Tim Norris, email@example.com – Associate Vice Chancellor, UW-Madison (Finance)
- Carrie Springer, firstname.lastname@example.org – Strategic Communications Specialist, UW-Madison
- Werner Gade, email@example.com – CIO/Assist. Vice Chancellor for IT, UW Colleges and Extension
- Dan Byerly, firstname.lastname@example.org – Director of Physical Plant, UW-Extension
- Bill Mann, email@example.com – Director of Auxiliary Services, UW Colleges and Extension
- Mark Walters, firstname.lastname@example.org – Director of OHR Operations, UW-Madison
- Molly Vidal, email@example.com – Chief of Staff to the Chancellor and Executive Director of External Relations, UW Colleges and Extension
- Carol Edquist, firstname.lastname@example.org – Budget Director, UW-Extension
- Malcolm Brett, Malcolm.Brett@uwex.edu – Director of Public Media UW-Extension
- Heather Reese, email@example.com – Director of Strategic Initiatives & Compliance, Public Media, UW-Extension
- Amber Canto (ad hoc), firstname.lastname@example.org – State Coordinator of the FoodWise Program, Cooperative Extension
- Carrie Edgar (ad hoc), Edgar@countyofdane.com – Director, Dane County Cooperative Extension
- Deanna Schneider (ad hoc), email@example.com – Integration and Application Specialist, Cooperative Extension